So very nice to have you here! My website is about my life as an artist and art instructor living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. In my art journey, I strive to be open to the creative process – to express both the beauty that I see around me as well as the energy within. ♥Vinita
Summer Session begins Tuesday, July 19, 2016A 6-week online watercolor painting class
Join us for a fun, interactive 6-week watercolor painting class this summer!
This class will get you painting this summer with weekly demos, painting exercises,and live video Q&A!
- The main medium for the class will be watercolor. Vinita will also be using some gouache and mixed media (those supplies are optional).
- The focus for this class will be on SIMPLIFICATION, which is one of the greatest challenges we face as painters. It seems that the more we learn, the more difficult it is to keep our paintings simple. Often we want to put in every detail, color, and texture, and in the process, we just make a mess out of things.
- Learn how to achieve simplicity in your work through color harmony and design. And discover how to overcome common mistakes when using watercolor.
- Painting demos will include a floral, a landscape, a harbor scene and more. New content will be released each week during the class. There will be homework assignments and painting exercises, but if you fall behind, don’t worry! Once you enroll, you will have lifetime access to the class content so you can always catch up.
- When you enroll in this Summer Session, you will be invited to a private Facebook Group that will be active throughout the class. The Facebook Group will be a great way to ask questions, get feedback and connect with other class members. Also, Vinita will use the new Facebook Live Video feature within the private group to hold live Q&A sessions.
Don’t miss out on this Summer Session! You can enroll now through Monday, July 18, 2016. At that time, enrollment will close. (In order to keep our students working together, we close registration once a class begins.)
My favorite part of being an artist is having the opportunity to explore new ideas and new methods of expression. I see each new work as a journey of discovery. Although I’m best known for my work in watercolor, I also use oil, acrylic and goauche paints, encaustic, collage and mixed media.
I’m honored and humbled to be an art instructor. There is nothing quite like the feeling of helping someone express their own creativity. I teach exactly how I would want to be taught – in a way that encourages folks to create with more freedom, boldness and simplicity. I’m available for both online classes and ‘real-life’ workshops.
Bringing my ‘art life’ full circle, I also am the gallery coordinator of Gallery 7, an art display space within Seven Feathers Casino Resort. The gallery features artwork from artists in the Pacific Northwest. I’m entering my fourth year at Gallery 7 and with each exhibit the excitement and enthusiasm grows.